Adjectives and adverbs
Choose the right answer (a,b,c,d)
1. Mr Arnold had everything in a__________________ bag.
a. plastic yellow large b. large yellow plastic c. yellow large plastic d. yellow plastic large
Put in the adverb form of the adjective in brackets ( ).
Example: She read the book quickly (quick).
1. She looked at him ____________(angry), but she didn't say anything.
2. The children were playing_________________(happy) when I came into the room.
3. Tom ran as__________________ (fast) as he could.
4. Read the recipe________________(careful).
5. She thinks that she did the exam________________(bad) and that she'll fail.
6. He was working_________________(busy) when his friend arrived.
7. He passed all his tests_______________(easy).
Please complete the questions with a comparative form.
1.) Who is __________ (young), you or your sister?
2.) Which is __________ (good), staying at home or going to a restaurant?
3.) Who is __________ (tall), you or your friend?
4.) Which is __________ (important) for you, having a lot of money or being healthy?
5.) Which month is ________ (cold) in your country, December or January?
6.) Which is __________ (easy) for you, speaking or understanding English?
Complete the following sentences with a comparative.
Example: Maria doesn't work very hard. Tom works harder.
a) Luke isn't very interested in music. He is______________________ in art.
b) This dress isn't very nice. The red one is_________________.
Write the superlative form and complete the sentences to make them true for you.
1. The _________ (busy) day in the week is _______________.
2. The _________ (good) month in the year is ____________.
3. The _________ (funny) film I know is ______________.
4. The _________ (sad) book I know is ______________.
5. The _________ (exciting) holiday in my life was in __________.
6. The _______ (good) friend is _________.
7. The ________ (beautiful) place in the world is ___________.